My name is Vladimir Ostapowicz, sometimes referred to as Vlad.
Co-author and co-editor of over 80 university textbooks, and several ebooks.
– Technical Writer
– Electrical Technician
– Engineering Technician
– Medical Product Testing
– Sub-mediocre Graphic Artist
Education and Related Licenses
– MA, Linguistics, California State University of Fullerton
– AA/AS Electronics Technology, Santa Ana College, CA
– FCC General Radiotelephone Operator’s License
– FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s License
Co-author and Co-editor university text books published by Fudan Press, Shanghai. (Note: This outside link may not respond to smaller screens.) The books not listed in the above link are published within other provinces within China, from Hunan to Beijing.
Conference Guest Speaker (as co-author/co-editor)
Topic: Improvement of university textbooks for Chinese students learning English. Changsha, Hunan, P.R. China.
– American Language Program, CSUF
– Part time, Spring 2005; Substitute Teacher 2004 – 2006
– Composition, Business English
Additional Background and Experience that I Believe Helped Me
– Customer support
– Mechanic (damn good one too); specialized in Corvettes
– School of Hard Knocks
And yes, knowledge of software and different OS’s helped a bit:
– Adobe’s CS Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop; FrameMaker
– Microsoft: Excel, MS Word (et al.), PowerPoint, etc.
– Graphic applications
– HTML/CSS/Web Design (enough to get around)
– WordPress (obviously)
– and other stuff I forgot about….