My name is Vlad (Vladimir) Ostapowicz.
Co-author and co-editor of over 60 textbooks used by university students, which continues to keep me pretty busy.
– Technical Writer
– Electrical Technician
– Engineering Technician
– Medical Product Testing
– Sub-mediocre Graphic Artist
Education and Related Licenses
– MA, Linguistics, California State University of Fullerton
– AA/AS Electronics Technology, Santa Ana College, CA
– FCC General Radiotelephone Operator’s License
– FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s License
Co-author and Co-editor of university text books Published by Fudan Press, Shanghai. (Note: This outside link may not respond to smaller screens.)
Conference Guest Speaker (as co-author/co-editor)
Topic: Improvement of university textbooks for Chinese students learning English. Changsha, Hunan, P.R. China.
– American Language Program, CSUF
– Part time, Spring 2005; Substitute Teacher 2004 – 2006
– Composition, Business English
Additional Background and Experience that I Believe Helped Me
– Customer support
– Mechanic (damn good one too); specialized in Corvettes
– School of Hard Knocks
And yes, knowledge of software and different OS’s helped a bit:
– Adobe’s CS Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop; FrameMaker
– Microsoft: Excel, MS Word (et al.), PowerPoint, etc.
– Graphic applications
– HTML/CSS/Web Design (enough to get around)
– and other stuff I forgot about….